Buy Tangerines – Gluten Free Citrus Fruit
Nature and Florida farmers have been supplying the world with tangerines fruit and its delicious goodness for thousands of years now. Native to Southeast Asia, its sweet citrus taste and thin-skin, easy retrieval makes fresh tangerine one of the most popular healthy treats to eat among people of all ages. Sometimes called a mandarin tangerine due to its close relation to the mandarin orange, there are literally hundreds of different varieties of the fruit. The most popular varieties include Clementines, golden nugget, seedless tangerine and tangelo that is a cross between a tangerine and grapefruit. Many people are casually aware of the benefits of eating tangerines, but very few realize its extreme nutritional value, read on to learn of five good reasons to eat more tangerines.
Here is a list that will convince you about eating more tangerines:
1. Tangerines are gluten-free: Like many other fruits and vegetables, the tangerine orange is 100 percent gluten-free – this fact can be especially valuable for persons that may be suffering from a gluten sensitivity or celiac disease. Additionally, the absence of gluten as well as the high fiber and antioxidant
content can help support a healthy digestive system.
2. Rich in nutrition: Tangerines are packed with antioxidants that can help fight the free radicals responsible for disease formation and premature aging. They are an excellent source of vitamins A and C as well as iron, potassium, folate, fiber and flavonoids.
3. Encourages detox: Like all other citrus fruits, tangerines are highly alkaline in nature, which makes the fruit very cleansing. The alkaline properties of tangerine can help sweep the body of built-up toxins and harsh acids
4. Supports a healthy heart: Tangerines is a healthy heart food – the flavonoids and antioxidant compounds can help to speed up circulation and keep the arteries clean and clear of harmful plaque.
5. Natural stress busters: Tangerines can help deter negative feelings of stress and anxiety by producing neurotransmitters that help calm the nerves and encourages a continuous good mood.
In addition to the gluten-free and nutritional benefits mentioned above, the low calorie, and high fiber content of tangerines can also aid in weight loss. The best part about tangerines is the fact that they are widely available – you can purchase many varieties of farm-fresh tangerine online as well as at farmer’s markets and supermarkets. Additionally, you can buy a tangerine gift basket as a healthy gift for a loved one – Chinese legend states that giving the gift of tangerines means that you are bestowing happiness and prosperity onto the receiver!