The world today has become more vigilant and mindful when it comes to health. People are going crazy doing different diet regimens like Keto, Paleo, and Low-Carb to help them lose or maintain weight so they can live a healthy lifestyle.
If you are planning on starting a diet make sure to include oranges like Hamlin LA Sweet orange, dwarf blood orange, and other orange varieties as they are low in calories and carbs, packed with nutrients, have numerous health benefits, and have high dietary fiber that promotes satiety resulting in lower food intake.
Going to the grocery store just to buy oranges may not be convenient for some so your best option is to plant orange trees like dwarf Blood Orange tree or dwarf Navel Orange tree in your backyard. Don’t worry, they are easy to grow and care for, and they do not require a lot of your time. Furthermore, finding trees to grow like dwarf Navel Orange trees for sale or dwarf Valencia Orange tree for sale isn’t hard at all. All you have to do is contact orange fruit companies and request the best mail order orange trees be delivered right to your doorstep.
Orange Tree Varieties
Before buying orange trees to plant at home you first need to check how much space you have for the trees since they take up a lot of space. A standard Valencia Orange tree height is around 18 to 20 feet while dwarf varieties like Louisiana Sweet Orange and Blood Orange dwarf tree are only around 6 to 10 feet in height. Once you have determined where to plant your orange tree, your next step is to decide which orange tree variety to grow.
- Valencia Orange tree – TheValencia Orange tree comes in standard and dwarf sizes and may be planted outdoors in USDA plant hardiness zones 8 to 11, or indoors if you live in areas outside these zones. If you are worried that there is much difference between the standard and dwarf varieties, rest assured that the only difference is the space they take up. A dwarf Valencia Orange tree produces standard-size fruits that taste the same as the ones that grow from a large tree. Valencia Orange tree care includes sunlight, proper watering technique, fertilizer, and some cold protection.
- Navel Orange tree – If you like oranges in winter then
the Navel Orange tree is a great option since their peak crop coincides
with the Christmas holiday season. Navel Orange tree also comes in
standard and dwarf sizes. Just like the dwarf Valencia tree, the dwarf
Washington Navel Orange tree produces standard-size fruits. If you are interested
in learning more about Navel Orange trees, read on below as we have listed
some of the most commonly asked questions regarding this variety:
- Why are Navel Oranges called Navel Oranges? – The Navel Orange got its name from the navel-like formation found on the blossom end of the fruit. This formation is a rudimentary second fruit – a mutation that naturally occurred on Navel Orange.
- Where do Navel Oranges come from? – Navel Oranges originated from Brazil
- Where are Navel Oranges grown? – Navel Oranges are commercially grown in California, Florida, and Arizona.
- When do Navel Oranges bloom? – Navel Orange trees produce blooms in spring with April as its peak season.
- How big is a Navel Orange fruit? – The typical Navel Orange fruit size is about 3 inches in diameter but may grow as big as 4.5 inches across.
- Blood Orange tree – This citrus tree produces the most exotic-colored oranges that range from pinkish red to almost violet-red. Aside from its awesome color, Blood oranges are also more aromatic and have a stronger flavor than other oranges, with a hint of raspberry notes. The Blood Orange tree is an average-sized tree that may be grown indoors and outdoors and will make a great addition to any landscape.
- Hamlin Orange tree – This orange tree is dwarfish and reaches 8 to 12 feet in height once it reaches maturity. What’s good about this tree is that it is more cold-hardy than other orange cultivars. This tree may also be used as an ornamental plant because of its beautiful glossy foliage and fragrant white flowers that cover its rounded crown. Hamlin Orange tree also produces medium to large orange fruits that boasts of rich flavor which is in season in mid-winter.