Lime juice and ginger add a bright freshness to these zesty ribs! Serve the mouthwatering, tangy ribs alongside a simple slaw made with shredded cabbage, lime juice, and avocado oil mayonnaise.
For the ribs:
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided
- 2-2½ lbs. rack baby back ribs
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp. Himalayan pink salt, fine ground
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Simple slaw, to serve (recipe below)
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup coconut aminos, tamari, or soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- For the slaw:
- ½ pound green or red cabbage, shredded
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 to 2 tablespoons avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt, fine ground
- Place a trivet with handles in an Instant Pot. Add the broth plus 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Pat ribs dry with paper towels. Remove thin membrane from back of ribs. Cut ribs into 4 sections. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, ginger, garlic, pink salt, and pepper. Rub spice mixture evenly over the ribs. Arrange ribs on trivet.
- Secure lid on pot and close pressure-release valve. Set pot to HIGH pressure for 25 minutes. At the end of cooking time, use a natural release to depressurize.
- While the ribs are cooking, combine the coconut aminos, butter, sesame oil, lime zest, and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice in large saucepan. Cook sauce over medium-low heat just until butter melts, about 2 minutes.
- Adjust oven rack to 6 inches from heat source. Preheat the broiler. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Open Instant Pot and transfer ribs, meaty-side down, to prepared baking sheet (discard the cooking liquid from pot). Brush ribs with sauce, reserving half. Broil until browned (3-4 minutes). Turn ribs over. Brush with remaining sauce. Broil until browned and slightly charred (3-4 minutes more).
- In a small bowl, toss together all ingredients for the slaw.
- To serve, brush ribs with any remaining sauce and sprinkle with the green onion and sesame seeds. Serve with slaw.