Here’s a perfect treat for teatime! These buttery, lemony beauties are light, freshing, and very easy to make.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectionary sugar (plus more for coating, about 1½ cups)
- Zest of 2 lemons (about 4 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup almonds, finely chopped
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt in large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Using a paddle attachment, mix butter in bowl of electric stand mixer on medium speed until creamy (about 20 seconds). Blend in 2/3 cup powdered sugar, then lemon zest, lemon extract and vanilla extract; mix well.
- With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in almonds, then cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop chilled dough by the tablespoonful and roll into balls. Place the balls about 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets and bake 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes. While cookies are still warm, roll them in powdered sugar to coat.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once are cool, roll again in powdered sugar, coating each cookie generously. Store in airtight container.